Enjoy the best in DevOps Leader (DOL) Training
The DevOps Leader course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a DevOps evolution requires new skills, tools, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders up, down and across an organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization.
DevOps Leader (DOL)
The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
The course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for DevOps ways of working through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Leader exam.
The learning objectives for DOL include a practical understanding of:
- DevOps and time to value
- Mindset and mental models
- Key differences between DevOps IT and traditional IT
- Target operating models and organizational design
- Performance management, rewards and motivation
- Preparing investment cases
- Focusing on value outcomes
- Ideas for organizing workflows
- Empowerment and participation
- Defining meaningful metrics
- Value stream mapping
- Driving cultural and behavioral change
The target audience for the DevOps Leader course are professionals including:
- Anyone starting or leading a DevOps cultural transformation program
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Consultants
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Lean Coaches
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
- Course Introduction
- Course Goals
- Course Agenda
- Module 1: DevOps and Transformational Leadership
- Current Definitions of DevOps
- Benefits of DevOps
- Transformational Leadership
- Module 2: Unlearning Behaviors
- Psychological Safety and Neuroscience
- Mindset, Mental Models and Cognitive Bias
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and DevOps
- Module 3: Becoming a DevOps Organization
- How DevOps Differs
- DevOps Kaizen
- Building Safety In
- Module 4: Measure to Learn
- Avoiding Measure to Target
- Creating a Current Value Stream Map
- Module 5: Measure to Improve
- The Improvement Kata and Experiments
- Creating a Future Value Stream Map
- Module 6: Target Operating Models and Organizational Design
- Conway’s Law
- Desired Outcomes of DevOps
- DevOps TOM Design Principles
- Module 7: Articulating and Socializing Vision
- Organizational Change in Large Enterprises
- Empowering People
- Broadcasting Outside of Your Organization
- Module 8: Maintaining Energy and Momentum
- The DevOps Business Case
- Culture and Climate
- A High-Trust Culture
- Kolb’s Learning Styles
- Additional Sources of Information
- Exam Preparations
- Exam Requirements, Question Weighting, and Terminology List
- Sample Exam Review
An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts and related work experience are recommended.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a certified DevOps Leader (DOL). The certification is governed and maintained by DevOps Institute.
Get DevOps Leader (DOL) Certified
Our award winning superior training solutions are designed to help you set effective business goals and attain measurable business outcomes. With return clients and multiple testimonials, we have established ourselves as a premier training solution provider for corporate teams across the globe, providing nothing less than the best corporate training in the marketplace.
Be wary of companies that pay external vendors to farm and post reviews, many of them are not authentic. Ours come straight from Google, you can’t alter reviews on Google Maps in any way. Don’t take our word for who we are – hear from our clients:
We offer more than just DevOps Leader (DOL) Training
We offer more than just DevOps Leader (DOL) Training
Our successful training results keep our corporate and military clients returning. That’s because we provide everything you need to succeed. This is true for all of our courses.
From Lean Six Sigma to PMI Project Management Professional, Agile and SCRUM , we offer the best-in-class strategic planning and project management training available. We are here to train your team!
As the leading Offensive Security US training provider, and a CompTIA and EC-Council award-winning training partner. We offer the best cybersecurity and vendor driven IT training and certification courses to keep your team ahead of the technology skills curve.
Let us teach your team the high-level traits and micro-level tools & strategies of effective 21st-century leadership. Empower your team to play to each others’ strengths, inspire others, and build a culture that values communication, authenticity, and community.
Looking For DevOps Leader (DOL) Training?
Please reach out to us with any questions you might have. We welcome the opportunity to talk through your individual training needs, or that of your team. And no, we will not relentlessly hound you with sales calls, we promise! We are a no pressure, service oriented company.
Reach out – you’ll be glad you did!