Enjoy the best in Coast Guard COOL Training and Earn High Value IT, Cyber and Project Management Certifications
Coast Guard COOL (Credentialing Opportunities On-Line) helps Coast Guard service members find information on certifications and licenses related to their military occupation and civilian careers. CA is available to eligible active duty and SELRES members (enlisted and officers) as well as GS and WG civilian employees.
Why Is The Coast Guard Credentialing Assistance On-Line Program Important?
For a Coast Guard Service Members, civilian credentials are important for two main reasons:
The Coast Guard is dedicated to supporting workforce professionalization to ensure our service members remain Ready, Relevant, and Responsive across our Total Mission Portfolio.
When you transition back to civilian employment, credentials help you translate your military training and experience into something civilian employers can easily recognize. Earning a credential can help you get hired, get a better job, or be promoted sooner!
Specific Credentialing Benefits:
- Civilian credentialing contributes to military advancement, promotions and professional development
- Federal, state, or local law may require specific credentials to legally perform jobs.
- Employers may choose to hire employees who have certain credentials or to pay those employees more.
- Credentials may improve an employee’s likelihood for promotion.
- Credentialed service members demonstrate to civilian employers their skills are aligned with their civilian peers.
How Coast Guard Credentialing Assistance Online Works
- Meet With Your ESO to Find and Select Related – Meet with your Education Services Officer (ESO) for guidance on finding related credentials. Use the ‘Explore Military and Civilian Occupations’ quick link to see how your training and experience match up with military and civilian credentials. Learn about credential requirements and contact the credentialing agency to validate that you meet their eligibility criteria.
- Request Approval via MyCG Ed – Apply for credentialing assistance (CA) via MyCG Ed at https://myeducation.netc.navy.mil. Applications for CA must be submitted at least 14 calendar days prior to the exam or training start date. Choose the appropriate fee type option in the CA application.
- Pay for Approved Fees – After CA authorization from ETQC, pay for approved credentialing fees. Once payment is made, upload applicable itemized receipts along with an electronically endorsed Request for Miscellaneous Reimbursement (OF-1164) to MyCG Ed within 30 calendar days of payment.
- Get your Credential – After CA authorization from ETQC and payment of fees, complete the credentialing requirements (e.g., take exam, submit application package, etc.) through the credentialing agency.
- Report Results – Upload a legible copy of your completed credential to MyCG Ed within 30 calendar days of completion.
Different Learning Styles Require Different Delivery
Be wary of companies that pay external vendors to farm and post reviews, many of them are not authentic. Ours come straight from Google, you can’t alter reviews on Google Maps in any way. Don’t take our word for who we are – hear from our clients:
Looking for Coast Guard Credentialing Training and Certifications?
Please reach out to us with any questions you might have. We welcome the opportunity to talk through your individual training needs, or that of your team. And no, we will not relentlessly hound you with sales calls, we promise! We are a no pressure, service oriented company.
Reach out – you’ll be glad you did!